Welcome to the Final Mastery Prep page for Math 264 at McGill with J-Sesh. Here you can register and find information about the sessions.
The Math264.com Final Mastery Prep sessions are highly structured and efficient sessions designed to help you take your understanding of the course concepts to the next level. We’ll look at strategies for saving time and structures for minimizing computational errors; and break down the most complicated topics to make them really accessible.
Detailed description of the session and cost are based on last semester, so are subject to change. Check back here towards the end of this semester for changes.
- Cost &nd Payment info for Math 264 Final Mastery Prep
- Any one of the Final Exam Mastery Prep Sessions:$100. Includes one mastery prep session, notes and practice problems.
- Any two of the Final Exam Mastery Prep Sessions:$160. Includes two mastery prep sessions, notes and practice problems.
Special Offer: All three Final Exam Mastery Prep sessions $210. Includes all three mastery prep sessions, notes and practice problems.
The sessions are limited to ~20 students. Spots are confirmed upon receipt of the deposit within 4h of registration (see details in confirmation email). If applicable, discounts are automatically applied upon registration. A confirmation email with the total, and information on payment options will be sent to the email address provided during registration.
- About Math 264 Final Mastery Prep
- About Math 264 Final Mastery 1
This first Final Mastery Prep session will help you master the last sections of the course by considering a number of exam-level Fourier Series and Boundary-Value Problems (PDEs). Detailed summaries of the theory will be provided in the notes; however, the session itself will focus exclusively on solving exam-level problems (both applied and theoretical / conceptual), so it is strongly advised that you review the basics prior to the session, in order to get the most benefit. If you are struggling with the basics of the content but would like to attend, feel free to get in touch so we can help you prepare adequately.
- About Math 264 Final Mastery 2
This session will help you master primary content of the course: Stokes’ and Divergence Theorem with applications to single- and multivariate scalar- and vector-integrals over curves, surfaces and spaces. Emphasis will be placed on advanced applications and understanding of the theorems; however, as this content itself features the early material, you should review the basics of line- and surface-integrals as well as standard parameterizations emphasized in the class. Summaries of the theory will be provided in the notes; however, the session itself will focus exclusively on solving exam-level problems, so you are strongly encouraged to review the basics of all topics prior to the session in order to get the most benefit.
- About Math 264 MOCK Exam:
The third Final Mastery Session will be a problem-solving session that brings together the material from the entire course in the form of a mock final exam. We will recreate an exam-like setting with the similar conditions so you can get a sense of where you need to focus your studying efforts in the last days leading up to the exam.
The session will be broken up into roughly three parts. You’ll receive the exam and will have a limited amount of time to solve the first section. The amount of time provided will be unrealistically short, to reproduce the stress experienced during the final, so the emphasis will be on identifying relevant methods and implementing them quickly. After each section, we will go over the solutions togther. Related problems will be recommended, wherever relevant, and variations on the problems will be provided for additional practice. By the end of the session, you should have a good idea of which topics require additional attention and what to expect from the final.
- The sessions include detailed, typeset notes, including a total for the three sessions of >200 challenging practice problems. The notes include carefully-structured, colour-coded explanations so you can focus on understanding the material (instead of just frantically copying from the board), and you’ll have lots of time to actually attempt solving problems, to ensure that you’re able to apply your understanding to exam-level questions, and get immediate feedback. By the end of the sessions, you should feel confident about the sections you’ve mastered, and know exactly where to focus your efforts in the days leading up to the exam.